KADE Arcade/Console Board using Atmega32u4

Helder
poster

KADE Arcade/Console Board using Atmega32u4

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Hey guys, I stumbled into this site and the KADE project recently while searching for some code for a Genesis controller and I like how it's very branched into numerous projects and has had many contributions. I'm a hobbyist PCB designer and have made a controller PCB for the GBZ project of SudoMod.com and thought that this project could use some modern MCU that is easily available today and will be integrated into 1 board as opposed to how it's being used as some expensive dev board like the Teensy++ or similar boards that then connect to the another board with the screw posts.

So I wanted to get people's feedback on if there is interest in a board that has the same things like a Reset Button,HWB Button and LEDs but has the Atmega32u4 integrated into it and a USB port (Micro USB or Mini USB) and options to use screw posts (need to know the ones people prefer) and won't break the bank to buy. I have tried using one of my controller boards with the miniConsole to program it since the KADELoader doesn't recognize the Atmega32u4, and I installed the DFU loader so it shows in FLIP and also worked fine to program in the miniConsole program and also tested fine.

What I need for feedback is what is the preferred pinout that people would like on the board and which screw posts/Terminal posts you would like to use? I've used 3.5mm pitch ones for another project before like these here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Pcs-3-5mm-Pi ... 3cf677fc16

and they were small enough and also took a good sized gauge wire no problem.

Another thing I hope someone can do is update the KADELoader to recognize the Atmega32u4 so it can be easily programmed for everyone without hardware programmers.

Here is an image of the board I made for the GBZ Project in case anyone was curious:

here is the aAtmega32u4 pinout as well:

RickyTerzis
poster

Re: KADE Arcade/Console Board using Atmega32u4

Post by RickyTerzis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi...I wasn't aware of your KADE project at all when we started the work on Key Strike. The Key Strike was born since I wanted to make a keyboard encoder alone coming from our Dual Strike Project.We was making this Dual Strike Project some years ago. I think it`s now 3 or 4 years old and used the V-USB framework. We extended the V-USB lib because it was not fast enough, the PS3 and xbox1 gave some issues also. We made our own bootloader plus firmware that supports PS3, xbox1, PC Game Controller HID, PC Keyboard HID with four different Keyboard to Button Layouts. Since there is no place left on the device for more features and the V-USB in only a software based USB solution we`re headed to Keyboard only solution. The Dual Strike is open source and you linked it already on your forum.